During this time of the year it is easy to get so busy and caught up in preparations and expectations that we forget to take time to enjoy ourselves and the special time with our family and friends. So before I get too busy, I wanted to thank all the grandparents within this group who have shared their stories and pictures with our community. Hopefully being a part of NOAH and Grandparent Connections has provided some knowledge and support throughout this year and will for years to come. It may be your first time on a call gathering support and knowledge from others or you may be a more experienced grandparent offering support to others, either way I am so glad to have you and your participation is what makes this program special.
If you would like your family/grandchildren featured in one of our newsletters please email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your family, and share one (or more) pictures.
December Tips of the Month
For the tips of the month this December, I asked a few parents what gifts they appreciate the most for their children with albinism and here are a few of the answers:
- It is always nice for kids to get special days or special activities with grandparents. It provides some respite for parents and some quality time with grandparents.
- I love it when my kids receive memberships to a museum or an art class they would enjoy.
- I do like when they are given games, puzzles and books, as long as it is not too complicated that it would occupy most of the parent’s time to complete.
- Instead of buying each member in our family a gift, it was great when our parents gave our whole family a weekend away at a waterpark or some fun place.
- The best gift of all is spending time with each other and honoring family traditions. I love it when my parents teach my kids the special things about our family and we continue with our family traditions.
Grandparent Connections Calls
Grandparent Connections will not be meeting in December, however we are working on a schedule for 2020. Please email any suggestions on topics that you would like to hear more information about.
As the new schedule becomes available it will be posted on www.albinism.org/grandparentconnections