Bioptic Driving or Not: A Multi-Disciplinary Perspective
One-Day Pre Conference Workshop
Thursday, July 12, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Conference Attendee Fee: $90 per person (includes lunch)
We are not able to accommodate on-site registrations.
Now Available via Live Stream!!
Thursday, July 12, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (CDT)
Register online only by July 3, 2018
Participate in this workshop from your home or office.
ADED CEU credit available**
$90 per person / $175 per family*
*Potential low vision drivers are encouraged to attend with a parent or guardian. This special rate is meant for family members only.
** Professionals attending the workshop must have their own individual sign on to receive CEU credit.
This workshop is intended for low vision individuals who are considering exploring the driving privilege. Obtaining a driver’s license that requires the use of a bioptic lens system involves the cooperation and services of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals. Parents or spouses who might offer direct or indirect related services or emotional support are also encouraged to attend.
This one-day in length workshop has recently been approved by ADED officials for 7.75 hours of continuing education credit for ADED members who wish to attend.
Topics & Presenters:
- The Clinical Low Vision Examination, Tom Porter, O.D.
- Bioptic Telescopes: The Evaluation, Prescription and Fitting, Tom Porter, O.D.
- Pre-Driver Readiness, Chuck Huss, C.O.M.S., DRS
- Behind-The-Wheel Training and Testing, Mary Ellen Keith, COTA, CDRS
- How a Bioptic Bill Becomes Law: The Journey of Consumer Advocacy in Changing Bioptic Driving Policy, Matt Bailey
- Uncovering the Hidden Population in Low Vision: A 5-Year Look at a Student-Parent Program on Driving with Low Vision and its Multiple Benefits, Cindy Bachofer, PhD, CLVT
- Reconsidering Driving as a Viable Option, Matt Bailey
- Getting in Charge of Getting Around: Accessing Transportation as a Non-Driver, Cindy Bachofer, PhD, CLVT
- Panel Discussion / Questions & Answers