A One of a Kind Art Exhibition by Adults with Albinism
WHAT: An exhibit of works of visual art including: paintings, drawings, watercolor, charcoal, pen and ink, photography, digital art, pottery, sculpture, knitting, crochet, weaving, and cross stitch.
WHERE: The exhibit will be part of the offerings at the 2018 National NOAH Conference.
WHEN: July 12 – 15, 2018
WHO: The pieces on display will all be original works of art by adults with albinism, ages 16 and older.
WHY: The exhibit will provide an opportunity for those attending the conference to see firsthand the talents and accomplishments by adults with albinism in the visual arts. It will also create a locus for community building for adults with albinism who share an interest in visual arts.
Here is what you need to know to share your artistic vision and talents during NOAH 2018 in Kansas City! As artists, we have an opportunity to show the world that compromised eyesight can lead us to Unlimited Vision when it comes to creativity.
How to apply:
- Deadline extended – please email firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th to register.
- Your email must include your name, type of art, and number of items to be displayed.
- If your piece(s) are approved, you must prepare the artist’s statement to be displayed with your work.
- Display tables will be provided. Artists will be responsible for any other items required to exhibit their work.
- Artists may apply to exhibit a reasonable number of items. NOAH will maximize the number of items exhibited based on available space and the number of applications.
- Display at your own risk. The exhibit area will not be regularly staffed.
- Please keep in mind that the NOAH community is diverse. Be sensitive to this when choosing the piece(s) you wish to display. NOAH reserves the right to ask an artist to remove any piece of art that is considered offensive to our general population.
- All artists must be present during the Meet the Artists session from 3:30 – 4:30 PM on Saturday, July 14th.
- Artists are responsible for setting up and removing their pieces during the time specified by the exhibit coordinator. If your work is accepted, you will receive detailed instructions relative to set up and removal.
- This is an exhibit only. You may choose to donate a piece of your work for the NOAH Silent Auction, which is held on Saturday night during the conference.